Not only does a clean, organised database make it easier to manage contact data, run A/B tests, handle unsubscribes and improve reporting capability - it can also keep your costs down!
There are a number of things you can do to organise and sort your contacts in our platform - such as removing duplicates, removing contacts that haven't engaged recently, or moving to a single master list.
Below you'll find a series of articles to help you keep your lists few & your database clean.
Out of all of the options, we have found that users get the most benefit from moving to a single master list (instead of lots of separate lists for different sends, or different types of contacts).
- Why you should consider using a single master list - List Management: Single Master List vs. Many Lists (this article also includes an animated explainer video & a number of common scenarios)
- Combining many lists into one - Merge Multiple Lists
- Adding & editing fields on your list - List Fields
- Keeping your lists clean - Remove Duplicate Contacts From a List as well as Identifying Contacts Who Do Not Open Emails
- Searching for contacts for segmentation - Advanced Search, or Contact Segmentation
- Sending to a contact segment - Send To Segmented Contacts or Contacts With Email Preferences