The Advanced Search tool is handy if you're looking for contacts that match specific criteria - such as contacts living in a certain country, contacts that fall within a certain age group, or even just those contacts who have opted to receive certain types of emails from you via the email preferences feature.
Conducting an Advanced Search
- Select Contacts from the sidebar.
- Use the dropdowns at the top to select the list you'd like to work with.
- Click the
- In the pop-up dialog, select the fields & criteria that you would like to base your search on. It could be a search for specific data within a field, a range (such as a date of birth falling between two dates), a number (eg. NPS Score greater than 8), an email address containing a certain value (eg. .gov.au) - and so on.
- Once you've built your search criteria, click . The Contacts view will refresh to display only those contacts who match the search criteria.
Examples of Advanced Search Queries
Saving an Advanced Search
- Run through Steps 1 - 4 above. Once you've finished building your search, click Save search and give your search a name.
- Once saved, you can quickly re-open the search by selecting it from the pop-down menu that appears when clicking the
Sending to an Advanced Search
You can also conduct the same Advanced Search on your data (or pull up the same saved search) when you go to send an email.