Our Events module is coming soon.
Our 'Event' component makes it easy to build an email for your event. The component is highly customisable - but also completes the bulk of the work for you, as it pulls in event data, links and imagery from your chosen Marketing Event or Eventbrite event (via our Eventbrite integration) automatically.
Our email builder supports multiple instances of this component within a single email, too.
You'll need to create your event(s) first before using one in your email design.
If your Eventbrite event is a recurring event, or if it has multiple dates & times attached to it (ie. an 'event series'), it will only appear as one single event in the dialog. However, you will be able to pick and choose which individual dates / times appear in the email by adjusting the settings (as detailed within the guide below).
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Click to create a new email message.
- The template gallery will appear. Select a template from the gallery, use one of your existing saved templates (from the My templates section), or start with a Basic or Blank template if preferred.
- Once the editor loads, drag-in an Event component from the sidebar and place it in the desired location of your email.
- The events dialog will open. Select the event you'd like to use in conjunction with your email.
Both Marketing Events (created in our platform) and Eventbrite events (from the Eventbrite integration) will be shown within this dialog.
- Click . The event will be added to your email with a number of options automatically configured for you - many of which can be adjusted via the event settings panel to the right. We'll take a look at some of these options in the following steps.
- Use the Settings panel on the right to select a different event. Simply click on the existing event and choose another one from the dialog. If you've changed a number of event options in the email design and want to reset them back, click Apply event.
- Use the Event Date panel to format the display format, font styling preferences and padding for the component.
Additionally in this panel, you can set the text & styling, fonts, etc for the included button that connects to the event page (the button target will only open to the event page and can't be changed to another target).
If your connected event is an Eventbrite event, the button switches to display your entered 'Sold out' text once it sells out (this data comes from Eventbrite). The button will no longer link to the event page once in the sold out status.
You can also enable and set the preferences for a line separating the dates of your event (particularly useful if your Eventbrite event is an event series).
Speaking of which, for an event series, you can choose which dates to be included. By default all future dates are turned on.
- Continue to build your email as required. Once ready, you can preview it, send a test to yourself, then send it to your list(s) when ready!
Wildcard Event Email Template
Using our automations, or the API, to send event comms? We have a special wildcard event email template, which may be of interest.
Please refer to our Events Overview page for details.
Need some ideas & inspiration? Here's a sample email we created using the Event component. Everything in the core body area of the email has been automatically populated from the connected event.