Our platform has a special wildcarded Events email template which you can use as the basis for building your own event templates.
This is particularly handy if you're creating lots of event automations (or generating event emails via the API) and you want to build a base email template for these to utilise.
Create an Event Email Using the Wildcard Event Template
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Click .
- From the template gallery, choose the Blank Template category, then click .
- Drag-in an Event component.
- In the event selector, scroll right to the end and choose Event Wildcards.
- Click .
- Customise the email design as desired - you can add images, change the text colour / font, add wording around the existing wildcards, add additional wildcards (such as the contact's first name, etc), change the email colour, formatting, add a logo or more images, a footer, a view online link and so on.
Do not alter or remove any of the wildcards, otherwise these parts of your email message will not work.
- When finished, click create an email template from this message if you wish, but note that automations don't use templates - they use saved messages.
If you plan on using this email for your event automations, we recommend saving it into a special folder or naming it in such a way so that any other users don't accidentally delete it (or edit it), thinking it's used for something else.
. You could also
Test Your Template
You can test your template's design using the Preview function as usual. However, in order for the wildcards to render correctly, you'll need to have an event setup in the system (either created in our platform, or an Eventbrite event), and test your message against contacts in the associated list.
That way, the list you are previewing with will have data available inside all of the fields that the email is referring to (using the wildcards).
In our example below, we have a Contact List that came from an Eventbrite event - so as long as we use this list during our preview (see second screenshot), then the email will render all of the wildcards correctly.