This guide will walk you through removing some, or all, contacts from a list - but keeps the list's fields and forms intact.
Removing contacts from a list may affect reporting data for any email sends that use, or have used, the list in question.
A deleted contact will no longer be able to unsubscribe. As such, we recommend waiting at least a month between an email send and deleting any contacts that were part of that send - in order to give them sufficient time to unsubscribe & to meet any spam compliance requirements.
Search for, Then Delete, a Set of Contacts
- Select Contacts from the sidebar.
- Use the dropdowns at the top to select the contact list in question.
- Highlight the contacts you'd like to delete - or run an advanced search to find contacts that meet your desired search criteria & highlight the search results.
- From the Actions dropdown, select Delete. The highlighted contacts will now be removed from the list.
Clear (Empty) a List of Contacts
- Select Lists and Forms from the sidebar.
- Select the contact list in question by ticking the relevant checkbox to the left.
- From the Actions dropdown, select Clear. The selected list will now be cleared / emptied of contact data. However, the fields will remain (just with no data inside them).
Delete the Entire List (Including All Data on It)
This includes all contacts, data, fields and forms attached to the list.