Our drag-and-drop email builder features a video component, which lets you quickly add a customisable link to a hosted video within your email. Customisation options include the video thumbnail, play button style & colour, as well as text descriptions for the video.
If the video is hosted on Vimeo or YouTube, our system will use the video thumbnail as set on that platform (though you can change it). If your video is hosted elsewhere, you can add your own thumbnail.
The video component is not supported in Internet Explorer v11 (or older).
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Double-click on an existing email to open it for editing, or create a new email.
- From the Content panel, click & drag a Video component into the desired location within your email. The video component will now appear within email, as shown.
- In the Video Details configuration panel to the right, paste the link to your video.
If your video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, a thumbnail will be automatically generated for you. Your video will need to be 720p (or higher) for this function to work. If your video is hosted elsewhere, you will need to add your own thumbnail.
- You can now use the configuration panel to add a video thumbnail (or change the existing one), set the play button style, colour and opacity. You can also add ALT text for the thumbnail image, as well as a video description.
Vision impaired users, or users with screen reader software will use the ALT text.
- The video component in your email design will now update with these changes.
- You can then preview, test and send your email when ready.
There are many great reasons to use video in your email campaigns...
- Video is an immersive, penetrating marketing tool which gets the message across in an easier and more digestible format when compared to plain text.
- Using the word 'video' in your email subject line can increase your open rate by up to 20%.
- Video boosts brand awareness and has a real impact with it comes to search engine optimisation.
- Using videos in an email can increase your click-through rate by up to 50%.
- Subscribers are more likely to buy after watching a video.
- Videos can lower your cost per lead.