In this guide, we'll walk you through adding click-to-call functionality on a phone number within your email. On supported mobile & desktop devices, this will generally launch whatever default app the user has tied to tel: links on their device.
Some email clients may see the number and change the click action, or formatting / colour of the number - changes which are beyond our control.
- Click on Messages from the left navigation bar.
- Select a message and choose Edit from the Actions dropdown.
- With your message open for editing, click on the button, text or image that you wish to make clickable.
- Click the (insert link) icon from the floating toolbar.
- Enter your link as tel: followed by the number. So if the number is 0412 123 123, your link would be entered as follows (note the use of international phone number formats):
- When done, press .
- Click to save the changes you have made.
To test, simply send a message through to your smart phone and click onto the links and these should ask you if you wish to call those numbers once clicked.