Our drag-and-drop email builder features a video component, which lets you quickly add a customisable link to a hosted video within your email. Customisation options include the video thumbnail, play button style & colour, as well as text descriptions for the video.
The video component is not supported in Internet Explorer v11 (or older).
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Double-click on an existing email to open it for editing, or create a new email.
- From the Content panel, click & drag a Video component into the desired location within your email. The video component will now appear within email, as shown.
- In the Video Details configuration panel to the right, paste the link to your video.
If your video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, a thumbnail will be automatically generated for you. Your video will need to be 720p (or higher) for this function to work.
- You can now use the configuration panel to add a video thumbnail (or change the existing one), set the play button style, colour and opacity. You can also add ALT text for the thumbnail image, as well as a video description.
Vision impaired users, or users with screen reader software will use the ALT text.
- The video component in your email design will now update with these changes.
- You can then preview, test and send your email when ready.
There are many great reasons to use video in your email campaigns...
- Video is an immersive, penetrating marketing tool which gets the message across in an easier and more digestible format when compared to plain text.
- Using the word 'video' in your email subject line can increase your open rate by up to 20%.
- Video boosts brand awareness and has a real impact with it comes to search engine optimisation.
- Using videos in an email can increase your click-through rate by up to 50%.
- Subscribers are more likely to buy after watching a video.
- Videos can lower your cost per lead.