When you use or create an Update Profile form (for surveys, questionnaires, etc) or Preferences form (to allow contacts to update their email preferences), all anyone needs in order to access or change the information is a contact's email address.
To secure this further, you can add any other field(s) to the login page for said form. This means that in addition to the email address, the person must also correctly answer all of the other fields you've added to the form's login page. Check out the guide below to learn more about setting this up.
In the example below, you can see that the login page (for our Update Profile or Preferences form type) requires the person to correctly enter the contact's 'dietary' and 'state' in addition to knowing their email address. As you can see, the 'dietary' field was not entered correctly, so the login has failed.
- Select Lists and Forms from the sidebar.
- Double-click on the list in question, to navigate to the forms for that list. The various forms attached to your selected list will now appear as tabs.
- Select your desired Update Profile or Preferences form. Once you've selected the form, the login page for the form will appear.
- On the right, you will see a list of fields attached to your list. Click the 👁️ icon next to the field that you wish to add to your form. Repeat this process to add any other fields to your login form.
- Click to save your changes. Anyone accessing this form will now need to correctly answer any of the fields on the form's login page, before they will be able to make changes to the data on the Update Profile or Preferences form.