Have you designed a beautiful email, but found that it looks terrible (and some of the links don't work) once forwarded to a friend? Unfortunately this is a known issue with the 'forward' feature in some email clients.
Many email clients insert their own code into a forwarded email (or even when you hit 'reply'), thus conflicting with the email's existing design code and breaking the design / layout of your email as a result. Some issues related to forwarding emails include;
- Images may not load
- Buttons may not load or may not work when clicked on
- Links may not work
- Any clicks & opens (for reporting), as well as any form or survey completions and unsubscribes are all attributed to the recipient of the original email
To get around this, you can send the 'View online' link to your friend - allowing them to view the email in the browser with all of the design kept intact.
Locating the View Online Link
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Locate the desired email message and click to the right hand side.
- From the dropdown menu, select Preview. The message will open in a preview window.
- Towards the top of the window, you will see a Link: field. This is the 'view online' link you can forward or send to your friend to view your email in their web browser.
Creating a ‘Send to Friend’ Style Link
Looking for a link that your recipients can use to send a public-link-to-your-email to someone else? Try our related guide below.