If you use another system for storing your primary contact data (such as a CRM or practice management software program), you'll likely want to update the contact data in our system from time to time.
Some integrations will do this for you automatically - but it your system doesn't integrate with ours, you can still manually update the data quickly & easily whenever you need to.
Here are some reasons you might need to update contact data in our platform:
- You may like to start segmenting your list and wish to add in the data for segmenting your contacts;
- You may have merged lists together and need to update contact data to work out who came from which list originally;
- You might be running an event and wish to update the list with the details on whether your contacts are attending or not;
- You might simply wish to add new contacts to an existing list
In this guide, we'll essentially be following the steps from the Import & Upload Contacts article - aside from an additional step in the Advanced Settings area.
- From the sidebar, select Contacts.
- Use the various dropdowns at the top to select the folder & list you'd like to work with.
- Click .
- Choose Upload a file, then for your file.
- Click . Your list will be uploaded and analysed by the system.
- If your uploaded file has column headers, our system will attempt to match the columns to existing fields on your list - but you can click on the dark grey column header to re-map fields, skip the field (the Skip this column option) or create a new field (the New field option) from the data in the column, as shown.
- Next, click Settings over to the right hand side. The import settings dialog will open.
- Enable the Update existing Contacts... setting and choose the field you'd like to match on. In most cases, this is the Email address field - but if you use another unique identifier for your contacts, such as a Customer ID, then choose that field from the dropdown.
- Click .
- Click to update your contact data. Any new contacts that were in your file but weren't previously on your list will be added to your list. Any contacts who were previously on your list but data against them in your file has changed, will be updated.
Some of our software integrations may allow automated contact syncing.