API Keys are necessary for integrating your account with other applications. They are also required if you are going to use the API to build a custom integration. API keys are account-based and aren't tied to a particular user login.
You can also secure the API by limiting the IP addresses that can access it.
- Select Integrations from the sidebar.
- Select the API Keys tab, as shown.
- Click on the right side and give your API Key a name.
- Choose the access level the key should have, then press .
- Copy the API key provided and save in a safe location ready for use.
An API key gives account access to a third party - so don't share it with anyone unless you're expecting a request for it due to an integration or similar. If you're unsure, please ask our support team.
If building your own integration with our product, you can locate the REST API endpoint, and JSON-RPC API endpoint, here on this same screen.
- The JSON-RPC API is used to synchronise contacts from systems such as CRMs and automate marketing campaigns.
- The REST API supports transactional email methods and is used to trigger transactional messages from 3rd party applications or websites such as invoices, receipts, and reminders.
You can also find links to our API documentation from this area.