Google Analytics lets you track all kinds of user activity on your website. By appending Google Analytics tracking parameters to any website links within your email, you can enhance the data available to you in Google Analytics to see which particular emails are driving users to your website, which emails result in conversions and so on.
There are two ways to track links within your email using Google Analytics;
- You can setup our Google Analytics integration, which appends most of the tracking parameters to your links automatically, or
- You can add the relevant tracking parameters to the links yourself as you add links into your email while you're creating it.
This article explains the process for the second option.
- Visit the Google Analytics Campaign URL Builder and complete the various fields to build your URL with included tracking parameters.
- Copy the URL that the tool creates for you.
- When inserting a link into the email you're creating, paste this link. Any clicks to your website that were derived from email campaigns will now be tracked in Google Analytics.
If you have already setup our Google Analytics integration but are still manually including tracking parameters within your URL using the instructions above, then our system will not append tracking parameters to your email links, so as to not cause a conflict with two sets of tracking codes.