The use of tables within an email will often cause issues on mobile devices, as tables do not scale or reflow well and can break the format / responsiveness in some mobile clients.
While we recommend avoiding using tables in your emails, we recognise that sometimes you do need to use them for things like event timetables and so on.
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Open your email for editing.
- Double-click inside a text component to open it for editing.
- Place your cursor where you would like the table to appear.
- From the floating toolbar, click the light blue
- You can now define the number of rows and columns to start with (you can always add or remove these later), as well as other table properties such as the border, padding, spacing, width, alignment and colours. Adjust these as required.
To minimize any formatting issues, we recommend that you set up your table width as a percentage instead of a fixed pixel width.
- Click . You can now begin editing the data within your table.
To add or remove rows & columns, or to adjust table properties, simply right-click within the table.
If you have set your table to have a border of 0, it will appear invisible whenever you click out of it. You can temporarily reveal table borders for any tables inside the current text component, by clicking the red table icon in the floating toolbar, as shown.