A wildcard, also known as a mail merge field, is a means of auto-populating some data from your database in to your message. This is most commonly used for providing personalised welcome greetings.
- Firstly, create a new SMS, or edit an existing message:
- Click the icon to open the wildcard dialog.
- Use the options provided to locate the relevant contact list, then select the field that you'd like to insert as your wildcard.
- Set a Fallback value.
The fallback will be shown if the field has no data to populate the wildcard.
- Click to add the wildcard to your message.
- Repeat this process if you have additional wildcards to add to your message.