Quick SMS is a great way to send a quick one-off SMS to a short list of recipients.
This method of SMS offers no reporting features. If you need reporting and response management, you can send a regular SMS.
Send a Quick SMS
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Select the Quick SMS tab.
- Choose the From number you wish to use.
SMS 'From' Number Options Note that in order to send 'from' anything other than the Shared System Number, you will need to setup a Sender ID.
- Next up we have the Recipients field. Type in the individual mobile numbers, or click the magnifying glass to select contacts from a list.
- The Message field is where you can enter your text. Emoji's are supported, and you can click the smiley-face to insert these. Wildcards, such as the recipients name, are supported here as well. You can select these via the +.
As you compose your message, keep an eye on the character counter provided - as this will show you how many characters your message is using. A longer message will use up additional SMS credits - thus costing you more per recipient. Note that emoji's will reduce the total characters available per message.
- Next we have the Unsubscribe section. As with email marketing messages, you will need to provide an unsubscribe option to remain anti-spam compliant. Select an option here and it will be added to the end of your message, as per the preview shown to the side.
- Once you're all done, click to send your message.
Any contacts sent to using the Quick SMS feature are automatically added to the 'Quick Send' list (a built-in system list) for you.