Have you gone to conduct an SMS send, only to find that your list is not appearing, or is not able to be selected? This is generally due to the list's mobile phone field being incorrectly configured as 'normal' field - instead of an 'mobile phone number' field.
In this guide, we'll show you how to edit the field type.
- Select Lists and Forms from the sidebar.
- Locate the list in question and double-click it to open forms view.
- Over in the Fields panel to the right, locate the field which stores your mobile phone numbers.
- Click the
- Change the field Content Type from Normal to Mobile Phone number.
- Click . You can now retry your SMS send as per usual.
Changing a mobile phone field (as outlined above) after uploading data into the field will mean that country codes are not added to the numbers. This will cause issues when you go to send your SMS.
For this reason, we recommend manually updating the list before sending, to include the country codes, or doing another upload to the list so that the country codes are automatically added by the system.
Another reason the list may not be selectable is that the system has identified that the field doesn't contain any mobile phone numbers in the relevant field.
Please view the contacts in the list to ensure that the email address or mobile phone numbers are in the correct field.