Need to create a quick poll to send to your database? In this guide, we'll walk you through creating a new form and setting up the poll questions.
- Select Lists and Forms from the sidebar.
- Double-click on the desired list, to open forms view for that list.
- Click the
(add new form) icon, as shown...
- Enter a name for your form.
- Select your desired form type from the Form Type dropdown. In our case, since we're sending to existing contacts to poll them, we'll use the Update Profile form type.
- You'll now be taken to the login page for your new form - but let's disable this, so users don't have to login first. Open the Advanced Settings panel on the right side of the page.
- Enable the Do not show login form if contact has clicked through from an email checkbox.
- Next, click on the Update Profile sub-tab near the top of the form (as shown), to ensure we're editing the correct part on the form.
- Our form is now open for editing. On the right hand side, you'll see a list of all fields that already exist on your list. Click the If you're going to be emailing this poll to your contacts, you can actually hide the email field if you like! Our system will still know who the user is, as the link they'll click on inside the email is unique to them. icon to hide all of the fields that don't need to be shown on the poll.
- Let's add a new field for our poll question - click .
- Select the field type you'd like to use for your poll. In our case, we're going to use a radio button field type.
- Enter the options you'd like the user to select from.
- When done, click . Repeat steps 10-13 for any additional questions you'd like to include on your poll.
- You can now customise the look of your form (including change the field order), set any required fields, etc as needed.
- Once finished, click
. Your new form is ready to receive data.