If your email message to existing contacts contains a link to another subscribe form (such as a survey form on another list where the recipient is not yet a member of that list), you can prefill / prepopulate some of the form field values to save them time.
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Open your desired email message for editing.
- When inserting a link (either on text, on an image or on a button), select the link type as Web Forms and select your desired list and form from the dropdowns.
Only 'Subscribe' form types are supported for autofill (read more about different form types).
- Click the
icon to the right of the list dropdown, as shown below.
- You can now select your field using the dropdown provided on the left and set the value, or corresponding field to prefill it with, on the right. You can click
You don't have to show all of the fields you are settings values for, on the form you are linking to. Any fields not shown on the form, but still set to be prefilled, will still save into the data once the form is submitted by the user (they will act as hidden fields). In the example above, all 3 values will be set on the customer's record - even if the form they are being directed to only asks them to enter data into, say, one field.
to add additional fields to prefill. In the example below, we've asked the system to prefill the form's First Name value with whatever value is in the First Name field of the user clicking though to the form. The same goes for the email address. We've also hard-coded the NPS score value to be '8'.
- Click once you have setup your prefill data values.
- Click . You have now inserted a link to a form with prefilled data values.