Want to allow your contacts to upload a file via a form? This can be achieved via a File Upload field. This is handy if you need users to upload a file, photo or document as part of an application form, survey, event registration or even a competition.
As always, files in your account - including those uploaded by contacts via forms, will count towards your account file storage limit.
A number of file types are supported and you can restrict these if you wish. Additionally, some flexibility is provided in terms of limiting the size of the uploaded file.
Setup the Form to Capture the File Upload
- Select Lists and Forms from the sidebar.
- Double-click on the list in question to open the forms attached to that list. All of the forms associated with your chosen list will now appear as different tabs near the top of the screen.
- Select the form you wish to add the new file upload field to.
in the Fields panel to the right.
- Select the File Upload field type.
- Give the field a name, select the file size limit and set and file type restrictions as required.
- Next up, set the folder in which to store the uploaded files within your account File & Image library. You can also create a new folder if you wish.
- Once setup, click to close the dialog.
- Re-arrange the form fields if required.
Design & Customise the Appearance of a Form
to save your form. Users accessing your form will now be able to upload a file.
How to Find Uploaded Files
Uploaded files can be found against a contacts record...
- Select Contacts from the sidebar.
- Use the dropdowns provided at the top to select the desired list.
- Click the
(table settings) icon towards the right, at the top of the table (nb. not the one at the top of the window). Ensure your relevant file upload field is enabled.
- Click Apply. Your table will now show the file upload against a contact's record, if any.
- Click on the respective filename to view them in the Files & Images browser.
Furthermore, you can locate any uploaded files in the Files & Images browser...
- Select Files and Images from the sidebar.
- In the folder view to the left, click on the folder that corresponds to the folder where you set any uploaded files to be stored in. Any uploaded files will be shown here.