Sending an email or SMS as soon as someone fills in a form to join (subscribe to) your list is a great way to welcome a new subscriber - which is what we'll cover for you in the guide below.
You can also use the email that you send as part of the automation to link to a file - such as a PDF file. This is useful if your contact has had to fill in your form in order to gain access to an eBook or guide.
However, we also have separate articles on related topics which may be of interest;
- Nurture a contact with a series of emails / SMS messages over time (great for lead nurturing, onboarding a new customer or training a new user with a staggered email series)
- Sending different emails / SMS messages depending on what options someone selects on a form (requires our Advanced Automations module)
If you would like to automate an email or SMS send based on someone submitting information through a form (eg. subscribe form or unsubscribe form), this can be done by setting up an Automation against the list in question.
- Select Automation from the sidebar.
- Click (skip ahead to the next step if you don't see this button).
- Select the Folder and the List you wish to trigger this against (or click Add List to create a new one for this purpose).
- The automation overview screen will now open. Click the
- In the first section, select the trigger as Subscribe.
- In the second section, select your Folder and List (though this is likely already set from when you selected it earlier).
- In the third section, select the message you want to send when someone subscribes (or click Create a new Email or SMS if you are yet to create this message).
- In the fourth section, choose when to send it.
- Once back on the overview page you can activate the automation step(s) by turning the toggle to