For the average SME, sending emails from any email address (at your company domain) might be fine - but larger corporations, universities or enterprise customers may wish to only allow certain users of the system to send from (or on behalf of) certain email addresses at your domain.
For example, perhaps only the Head of Marketing is permitted to send emails as if they were coming from the CEO's email address, but the wider marketing team may be able to send from (or on behalf of) the generic Sales@ or Info@ email addresses. This is where Sender Profiles come into play.
A Sender Profile lets you configure the 'from' name and address - and users in the system can then be assigned one or more sender profiles that they're allowed to send from (or on behalf of).
When Sender Profiles are enabled, the email save & email send screens will look a little different & will include a Sender Profile dropdown where the user can select the profile to send from (from a list of all profiles they've been authorised for).
Setting up Sender Profiles
- Log into your account and open the Account area (⚙️ icon, at top right).
- Select Sender Profiles from the sidebar.
- Click .
- Enter a Profile Name (for example, 'Sales Team' - this is only seen by you and other users of the platform), as well as a From Name, From Address and optionally, a Reply-to address (these last three fields are seen by everyone who receives emails sent using this sender profile).
- Next, tick which Users have permission to use / send from this Sender Profile.
- Click . The profile has now been created and assigned. If you'd like to send a verification link to this email address (optional), click the link provided on screen.
- Repeat this process for any additional profiles that you require. The main Sender Profiles screen will display the profile you have configured (as shown).
- Once finished, toggle the switch to On to enable sender profiles.
Once enabled, users must have a Sender Profile assigned in order to save / send email messages from the platform. If any of your Users don't have at least one Sender Profile assigned, they won't be able to Save or Send email messages.
Saving an Email When Sender Profiles Are Enabled
In order to save a new email message when Sender Profiles are enabled, a Sender Profile must be assigned to that message at the time of saving. As such, if any of your Users do not have a Sender Profile assigned to their login, they will not be able to save the email they're working on. A warning of this nature appears on-screen when an email template is selected.
- Create or edit your email message as per usual.
Sending an Email When Sender Profiles Are Enabled
In order to send an email message when Sender Profiles are enabled, at least one Sender Profile must be assigned to the user attempting to send the message.
- Locate the email you'd like to send and launch the sending process.
- On the email send confirmation screen, select the Sender Profile to send on behalf of, as shown.
- Configure any other options as required, then click to send your email.
Things To Consider
Here are a few things to keep in mind after enabling Sender Profiles...
- Only users with the Full (or higher) access level can enable, add, edit or remove Sender Profiles.
- When adding new users, don't forget to assign them one or more Sender Profiles - otherwise they will not be able to save emails, or send emails.
- The configuration of Automations is not affected by Sender Profiles; as automations inherit their 'from' details from the message(s) that you choose to use as part of an automation. However, if creating a new email from the Automations area, the requirement of a Sender Profile in order to save said email them comes into play.