By capturing shopping carts that have been abandoned, you can recover sales which otherwise might be lost. Abandoned cart automations work with our Shopify integration.
We recommended that you disable any existing abandoned cart automations that are set up in Shopify, to prevent shoppers from receiving email double-ups for their abandoned carts.
Creating the Abandoned Cart Automation
- Once you have setup your Shopify integration, select Automation from the sidebar.
- Select the
button next to the automation wizard called Shopify Abandoned Carts.
- Using the dropdown provided, select the Shopify store that you'd like to use for this automation.
- The system will now setup a series of three reminder emails to go out at intervals of 1 hour, 1 day and 3 days. To edit these, click the
(edit) icon & make any desired changes to the timings, the emails which get sent and so on.
Creating the Abandoned Cart Email
A series of default abandoned cart templates are created automatically, but why not create your own! This section makes use of our drag & drop email editor (see separate video & how-to guide for full details).
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Create a new email message. You can use a template as the base of your design, or start from a blank email.
- When the email editor opens, drag-in an Abandoned Cart component (as shown) and place it within your email - where you'd like the abandoned cart data to appear.
- Configure the settings & data as required in the Settings area in the sidebar on the right.
- Save your email, and give it a name. If you wish to send a different email for each step in the Abandoned Cart email automation sequence (e.g. send a different email at 1 hour, 1 day and 3 days, for example - not always re-sending the same email) then repeat this process, so that you create two additional emails.
- Next up, select Automation from the sidebar.
- Open your existing Shopify Abandoned Cart automation for editing.
- Click the (edit) icon against the step you'd like to edit the email for. For example, if you're looking to adjust the email that gets sent as part of the first step (1 hour after abandoning their cart), click the icon that corresponds to this step.
- In Step 3, select your newly saved email message as the message to send as part of the automation step.
- Repeat this step if necessary to alter the emails sent for the other steps in the automation; that is, the 1 day and 3 day abandoned cart emails.
- Enable the automation three individual steps when you're all done and ready to activate the automation.
Your abandoned cart email is now setup to send to contacts who leave the check out without completing the transaction.