Our Salesforce integration lefts you sync contact data into Vision6, allowing you to send email & SMS messages to your Salesforce contacts, create automations and more.
'Leads' and 'Contacts' in Salesforce are both just referred to as 'Contacts' in Vision6; we do not differentiate between the two in our platform. As such, you may need to have (and sync) a "contact type" (or similarly named) field in Salesforce so that you know who's who in Vision6 and so that you can trigger different emails & automations based off this data if required.
There are three primary functions of the integration;
- Syncing Salesforce 'contacts' into Vision6 as contacts
- Syncing Salesforce 'leads' into Vision6 as contacts, and
- Syncing Vision6 contacts into Salesforce as 'leads'.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which Salesforce objects can be setup to sync into Vision6?
A: As mentioned above, only Salesforce 'leads' & 'contacts' can be synchronised. The synchronisation of other Salesforce objects is not supported.
Q: Can I sync contacts from Vision6 into Salesforce?
A: Yes - however, only a single Vision6 list can be synchronised into Salesforce. This can be configured in Salesforce under the Synchronisation Wizard tab (within the Vision6 Salesforce app). Note that you can only sync Vision6 contacts into Salesforce as 'leads' - you cannot sync Vision6 contacts into Salesforce as 'contacts'.
Q: How often does the sync occur?
A: This depends on the item...
- For new (added) 'leads' or 'contacts' in Salesforce, these are added to Vision6 when the sync runs, which is hourly.
- For edited 'leads' or 'contacts' in Salesforce, the edits are synchronised with Vision6 almost immediately.
- Any changes made in Vision6 (whether manually by a logged-in user, OR manually edited by your contact using an Update Profile form, OR a status change such as an unsubscribe event, OR changed because of an Advanced Automation), are synchronised back into Salesforce when the sync runs, which is hourly.
Q: Can I trigger Vision6 messages from within Salesforce?
A: No - emails & SMS messages cannot be triggered from inside Salesforce. However, you may wish to use our API to develop something to perform this specific function if desired.
Q: What happens if I add new Salesforce fields and want to have them sync into Vision6?
A: After adding the new fields in Salesforce, go to the Synchronisation Wizard tab (within the Vision6 Salesforce app) and click 'Configure' next to the object you need to adjust. You can adjust the mapping of your various fields here.
Q: How are unsubscribes handled?
A: You can adjust how unsubscribed contacts are handled by using the Settings tab (within the Vision6 Salesforce app). Here, you can automatically unsubscribe a record in Vision6 when the 'Salesforce Email Opt Out' is true, as well as automatically set the 'Salesforce Email Opt Out' to true when a Contact/Lead is unsubscribed from all lists in Vision6.
Q: How many 'contacts' / 'leads' can I sync from Salesforce to Vision6?
A: We use Salesforce 'List View' to segment the data - this is because the filtering options for this in Salesforce are extremely powerful. So as long as a 'contact' or 'lead' appears in your chosen List View to sync, then it will also be in the corresponding Vision6 list. However - Salesforce List View's support a maximum of 10,000 records, so larger lists will need to be divided into smaller segments (this is a Salesforce limitation). Furthermore, if other people in your organisation can modify Salesforce List Views, they can potentially change the contacts that appear in your Vision6 list. To reduce the impact of this, we recommend you create a List View that is only visible to you, or name it appropriately - eg. "Contacts in Vision6" (or similar).
Q: How many lists can be synchronised?
A: Your Salesforce 'contacts' can be synchronised into a single Vision6 list of your choice. Similarly, your Salesforce 'leads' can also be synchronised into a single Vision6 list of your choice. These can both be the same Vision6 list if desired - but you'll need to create and sync an additional Salesforce field if you want to keep track of who is a 'lead' and who is a 'contact' in Vision6.
Q: What happens when a Salesforce 'lead' becomes a 'contact'?
A: Provided you have setup field mapping for both 'contacts' and 'leads' within Salesforce, the synchronisation with Vision6 is not impacted when 'leads' are converted into 'contacts' in Salesforce.
Q: If Vision6 sends messages to contacts, can I see the 'send history' in Salesforce?
A: No, this isn't currently supported.
Q: What automation trigger would I use for contacts syncing into Vision6 via Salesforce?
A: If you'd like to trigger an automation to contacts as soon as they appear in Vision6 after a sync event has occurred, you would use 'When a Contact is added from the API or Zapier' as the trigger. You can learn more about triggers via our Automation overview.
If you have a Salesforce Essentials plan, you may need to download the installer for the integration instead. If you require assistance, please contact your Salesforce Administrator.
Part 1: Installing the Application in Salesforce
- Search the Salesforce AppExchange for Vision6 for Salesforce.
- Install the app into your Salesforce instance. If you require assistance, please contact your Salesforce Administrator. The app may appear as $1 (a quirk of the Salesforce AppExchange), but it can be installed without having to pay this fee.
- When prompted, install the application for All Users.
- When promoted, approve access for Vision6 (third-party access).
- Once a few final settings have been confirmed, the installation process will finish.
Part 2: Configuring the Installed Application
Once installed, the initialisation wizard will run...
- Enter your Vision6 API key.
- When prompted, click to
- Click .
- You'll now be asked if you wish to make changes to your page layouts in Salesforce so that certain functions operate correctly. Click
- Once a few final settings have been confirmed, the configuration process will finish.
Part 3: Synchronising Data
- Next, select which Vision6 list to export your Salesforce 'Contacts' into. To automatically keep these lists in sync, enable the Automatically option.
- Set the field mapping between the two platforms. When done, click .
- The automation screen will appear. Enable the automation to turn it on.
- You can now set what to do to a contact in Vison6 if they are not in the Salesforce list view for 'Contacts'. Options include deactivating them in Vision6 (this keeps them in Vision6 but their deactivated status means you won't be able to send anything to them), removing them from Vison6, or not doing anything at all.
- When done, click . Wait a few moments for the configuration to save - a green success banner will appear when it's ready.
- Click the Synchronisation Wizard tab in the Salesforce toolbar (along the top of the screen) to return to this screen.
Don't be alarmed if the dropdowns don't show the list name when you come back to this screen. As long as the green banner appeared, then your changes were successfully saved.
- Repeat the process you followed before - this time for Salesforce 'Leads'. When done, click . Wait a few moments for the configuration to save - a green success banner will appear when it's ready.
- Click the Synchronisation Wizard tab in the Salesforce toolbar (along the top of the screen) again.
- Finally, if you wish to have any new contacts from Vision6 imported back into Salesforce (i.e. the opposite direction), use the dropdown to select the Vision6 list to monitor for new contacts. You can configure further options and map fields by clicking .
Editing Integration Settings at a Later Date
If you ever need to adjust field mapping, edit your Vision6 API key in Salesforce or make changes to list synchronisation options, you can always adjust these in Salesforce by clicking the Settings tab within the Vision6 for Salesforce app.
Key functions on this tab include:
- : TBA
- : This runs the initial wizard again, in case you need to enter a different Vision6 API key or set different options (see Part 2 of the how-to guide, above).
- : This removes the Vision6 buttons that get added to the Contact and Lead views during installation.
- : TBA