After every email send (including tests) our system will generate a report for you - outlining email performance, client details, link clicks, unsubscribes, bounces and so on.
SMS sends will also receive their own report, but the information shown is fairly limited, given the nature of SMS. Reports can be accessed by selecting Reports from the sidebar.
Here is an example report from an email send; each of the various areas are outlined in detail below.
If your message is part of an ongoing automation, some of the values on the report will continue to change over time.
Here's an overview of the various sections available on a report...
- The Message panel outlines the email subject, the list(s) it was sent to, as well as the total number of recipients. This data is shown alongside a small visual preview of the message. You can click the message preview to view the online version of the email.
- The Sends panel shows the last send date, alongside the percentage and number values for delivered and bounced messages. You can click on these two sub-sections to view the individual contacts who fall into each category.
Getting a high bounce rate? See: Emails Going to Spam? Set up Your Domain Records.
- The Activity panel shows various statistics relating to the send - you can click on these to view the individual contacts.
- Opened refers to the number of contacts that opened the email at least once.
- Unopened refers to the number of contacts, out of those that the email was delivered to, that did not open your email.
- Clicked refers to the number of contacts that clicked anything within the email (irrespective of the number of links, or number of times they clicked, any link in the email). The percentage value shown here relates to the number of people that opened the email.
- Profile Updated refers to the number of contacts that updated their profile via an Update Profile link (if included) as a result of this email send.
- Unsubscribed refers to the number of contacts that unsubscribed as a result of this email.
- Complained refers to the number of contacts that marked your email as spam (in email / webmail clients that support this).
- The Activity Over Time panel visually shows the email clicks and opens since the time the email was sent, via a line graph.
- The Mail Clients panel shows the breakdown of email clients used to view your message.
- The Devices panel shows the split between desktop and mobile devices.
- The Links panel shows the related statistics for each individual link in your email.
- The Domains panel breaks down the domains your email was sent to (nb. the domain is the bit after the @ sign in the email address)
- The Social panel shows statistics relating to activity from any social updates posted at the time you sent the message, as well as any sharing activity as a result of Like / Tweet / Share links within the email.
Create and Post a Social Update, or Adding a Link to Like (Facebook), Tweet (Twitter) or Share (LinkedIn) Your Email
Share a Report
button at the top right of the reporting window lets you share this report with others.
The reports view also has a number of tabs along the tab to view more detailed breakdowns of some sections...