Would you like to create a quick poll and send it to your database? You've come to the right place! This article will show you how to quickly and easily create a poll for your customers. So let's get started.
Create your poll
- Log into your account
- Go to 'Lists and Forms'
- Select your customer list from those available. Don't have a list? Create one first and then carry on from step four.
- Choose 'Edit' from the Actions menu at the bottom of the page
- Click the '+ Add' button from the top right corner of the page
- Give your poll a name
- Choose 'Update Profile' for the form type
- Click the 'Add' button
- You'll immediately be taken to the login form. Open the Advanced Settings menu on the right side of the page.
- Click the check box 'Do not show login form if contact has clicked through from an email' (Please note: we do not recommend turning off the login form if you think your recipients may forward the email to a friend as this login form prevents other people then the recipient from updating their info on the form)
- Click the green Save button in the top right corner
- Now move to the Update Profile page of the form
- On the right side of the screen, hide all of the fields that don't need to be shown on the poll
- Click the Add New Fields button
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and choose the 'Radio Buttons' field type
- Click the green 'Add' button
- Set up the details and values for your poll question
- Click the green 'Save' button
- Repeat steps 14-18 above to add more questions to your poll
- When you've finished adding questions, click the main Save button at the top right corner of the screen
Once you have all the questions for your poll on your form, you can then customise the design by following the steps in this article.
What to do next
Once your poll has been created, you can move onto sending it to your customers. To do this, you'll need to:
- Create a link to the poll in your email
- Update your contact list (if you haven't already)
- Send the email to your subscribers