When you create an update profile form, maybe to conduct a survey of your contacts, you might notice that there is a page before the survey which asks for an email address. This is called the 'login form', and it is usually used to verify the contacts information.
If you are planing to only send an email to those that are in your list, you can prevent the login form from showing for people who access the link directly from an email sent out from the system.
To hide / remove the login form:
- Go to 'Lists and Forms'.
- Select a list and choose 'Edit Forms' from the Actions menu.
- Using the tabs at the top of the form editor, choose the 'update profile' form in question.
- On the right hand side of the page under the 'List' tab, open the 'Advanced Settings' area.
- Tick the option which says 'Do not show login form if contact has clicked through from an email'.
- Click the green 'Save' button in the top right corner of the page.
Please note: If your email is an email that you believe a recipient may forward on to a friend, then we recommend keeping the login form turned ON as the login form prevents the wrong person from submitting their data through and updating the original recipients contact profile.