Are you uploading an Excel spreadsheet and getting an error message telling you you have too many columns? If so, there is a quick and easy way to fix this.
How to fix
- Open your Excel spreadsheet.
- Select just the data in the spreadsheet (no extra columns or rows).
- Hit Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy the data.
- Open a brand new spreadsheet.
- Paste the data into the new spreadsheet.
- Save the new spreadsheet as a .csv file.
- Re-upload into the system.
This should resolve the issue of the system recognising extra blank columns in the Excel spreadsheet.