If you are sending a form link to existing contacts in your account, perhaps asking them to sign up to a different list in your account (e.g. a competition or event), you can pre-populate their details in the new form to save them time filling it out.
To do this:
- Go to 'Messages'.
- Edit the message you will be sending out.
- Type the text you want to use as a link (e.g. Register for the event).
- Highlight this text.
- Click the 'Insert Link' icon from the tool bar.
- Choose 'Web Forms' from the left options.
- Choose the relevant list and form, and then click the 'Autofill Fields' icon to the right of the List drop down (see below).
- When you click the Autofill icon, a new window will pop up. At the top left corner of this window, use the drop down to choose the contact list where you want to pull the existing data from (this will most likely be the database that you are sending this email to).
- Use the drop down menu's below to match the fields for the new list to the field in the existing list where the data already exists. See below:
- Once you have completed all fields (add additional ones by clicking the 'add field' button at the top of the window above), click the small green 'OK' button in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Press the 'Insert' button to complete the creation of your form link.
- Save your message.