- Open your desired email for editing.
- In the top-right of the editor window, click Test.
- Enter your email address and / or the addresses of anyone you'd like to receive the test email, in the Recipients field. Alternatively, you can select the (search) to test a contact within a list. This will enable wildcards and other conditional content to work with your message.
- Optionally, enable commenting if you'd like test recipients to be able to leave feedback on your email.
Request Feedback, or Comments, When You Send a Test Email
- When ready, click
The test email will now be delivered to the entered email addresses.
- Test emails not arriving? See Email Was Not Received / Email Was Delayed / Test Email Not Coming Through
- Does your email contain a link to a form? Note that when sending a test email that contains a link to a form, 'Update Profile' & 'Update Preferences' forms will ask you to login first - even if you've disabled the login option. This is because the test process sends a generic version of the email - it does not send the email as if it were being sent to a particular contact. If you need to test form links to see the experience your contacts will get, please add yourself to the list as a contact and then use the Send function to send the email just to yourself.