You can set up social updates on your messages which will allow you to post a message (and optional link to your email message) to your social media pages when you send your message. This acts to notify your social network about the sending of the message and allows them to view the message online (if the link is sent).
To create and send a social update for your message:
- Go to 'Messages' and edit your message.
- Go to the 'Social' tab in the message editor.
- Type the message you want to post to your social page in the appropriate field.
- If you want to include a short link to your message as well, click the 'Insert short URL' button to the right. This will add a wildcard behind your message in the chosen field.
- You can also choose a custom image, title and description for your Facebook updates if you wish to have more control. This can be added and edited at the bottom of the 'Social' tab in your message editor.
- Once you have set up what you want displayed for your social update, click to 'Save' your changes to this message.
- Once you have Saved these Social Update changes to your message, you will then need to Send this message to complete the social update process.
To send this message:
- Go to 'Messages'.
- Select this message and click the 'Send' option to the right.
- Select the contacts from the Recipients section
- At the bottom of the send menu turn on the 'Social Update' section
- Once authenticated / logged into your social site, you can then select when and which page to post this update to.
- Click 'Send Now' and complete your send to complete this process.