A Wild Card, also known as a Mail Merge, is a means of auto-populating some data from your database in to your message. This is most commonly used for providing personalised welcome greetings.
Setting up a Wild Card in your SMS message
- Firstly, create a new SMS, or edit an existing message:
- Using the first drop down field underneath the text field, select which List of contacts you wish to draw the data from.
- Using the second drop down field, select which field in the list you wish to draw the data from. E.g. the First Name field.
- Click the Blue arrow button to insert the wild card you have selected.
- Save your changes to your message