Quick SMS is a great way to test an SMS, or to send a message to a short list of recipients.
This method of SMS offers no reporting features. If you need reporting and response management, you can send a regular SMS.
Send a Quick SMS
- Select Messages from the sidebar.
- Select the Quick SMS tab.
- The From field allows you to specify where the message is from. Most people leave this blank, which uses an automatic system number - but you could also use your own mobile number if you want to receive any replies there.
- Next up we have the Recipients field. Type in the individual mobile numbers, or click the magnifying glass to select contacts from a list.
- The Message field is where you can enter your text. Emoji's are supported, and you can click the smiley-face to insert these. Wildcards, such as the recipients name, are supported here as well. You can select these via the +.
As you compose your message, keep an eye on the character counter provided - as this will show you how many characters your message is using. Note that emoji's will reduce the total characters available per message.
- Next we have the Unsubscribe section. As with email marketing messages, you will need to provide an unsubscribe option to remain anti-spam compliant. Select an option here and it will be added to the end of your message, as per the preview shown to the side.
- Once you're all done, click to send your message.
Choosing the 'From Number'
When creating your SMS message, you have 3 options to choose from to use as your From number:
- From the systems number: Responses to SMS messages can be viewed via Reports in your account.
- From your own mobile number: All responses will be sent to your mobile & they will not be available in system reports.
- Using text as the from number (eg. your company name): No responses can be collected.