If you would like to send your contacts emails on their birthday, maybe as part of a birthday promotion, you can do so via 'Automations' in your account.
To set up an Automation you will need to already have set up :
- A Webform which must have a valid and correctly formatted date field in your contact list.
- A Message to send
To set up a birthday Automation :
- Go to Automation on the left.
- Make sure that the 'Automation' menu is selected up the top.
- Click the 'New Automation' button on the right.
- Select the Type of Automation you wish to set (eg. 'Create Your Own Automation').
- Click 'Create'.
- In Step 1 of 4: Set the trigger as 'When the anniversary of a date field is reached'.
- In Step 2 of 4: Select the correct Folder, List, and Date field on that form that will trigger this automated message send.
- In Step 3 of 4: Select the Folder and the Message in that folder that you wish to send (eg. a birthday message).
- In Step 4 of 4: Set when to send this message.
- Click 'Save'.
- This will create a new Automation in your 'All Automation' list, from here you can also view how many emails and / or sms messages have been sent. You can also edit the Automation's name by hovering over the default name and clicking onto the pencil icon.
- From here you can also click the 'edit' option to turn this automation on or off.