You have the ability to add forms from your account to your website. Why would you do this you may ask? Here are some examples where adding a form online could help:
- You could use a subscribe form on your website to collect new newsletter subscriptions organically.
- You could add a Contact Us form to collect customer inquiries maybe for quotes or to request documents.
- To offer an easy means for your contacts to Update their profile.
- Lets not forget surveys and feedback forms also.
Depending on the type of website you use or the look you are after with your forms, we have a few options available (click to skip ahead):
This option is widely used by the majority of our customers as it is quiet simple to add the forms that are simply designed inside the form editor inside the system to the majority of websites available. Here's how:
- Select the 'Lists and Forms' menu inside your account.
- Select the list you wish to add a form online for and click 'Edit' on the right to access the form editor.
- Up the top right, click the 'Add Form to Website' option.
- Once you click onto the link, you will find 3 options on the Basic Form Code tab:
- The first option is the code you would use if you wish to embed the entire form on your website.
- The second option is the code you would use if linking to the form. One such example is if you don’t have the room on your website for the entire form but the room for a small ‘Subscribe’ button. You would place the image of the button online and link the image using the form link.
- The third option is the shorter code you would use if sending the link via sms or posting on Twitter.
If you wish to add a form from your account onto your WordPress website, using the plugin would make this process very simple for you. This is a simple two step process, first you will need to add the plugin to your WordPress site, and then copy the form code. Here's how:
- The first step is to install the Vision6 Forms plugin, this will allow you to add the code on your page or as a widget. Navigate to Plugins from your WordPress dashboard, then click Add New.
- Search for Vision6 Forms and select Install, you may need to activate this plugin once installed.
Please Note: Once you have installed the Vision6 Forms plugin you can remove the older Vision6 plugin from your Plugin list.
Next you will need to navigate back to the Forms & Lists screen in our system.
- Select the Lists and Forms menu inside your account.
- Select the list you wish to add a form online for and click Edit on the right to access the form editor.
- Up the top right, click the Add Form to Website option (as above).
- Select the WordPress tab.
- The last step is to copy the code displayed here and copy it onto your WordPress site to where you'd like to embed the form.
Tip: You can add this plugin to your widget list to have it display in your navigation menu, navigate to Appearance > Widgets and drag Vision6 Forms to your widget list. From there copy the code to display your form. This doesn't have to be the same form displayed elsewhere, you can create multiple subscribe forms with custom fields and styling!
If you wish to have the ability to customise a form as your own by editing the HTML for the form, then this is the option for you.
The Plain HTML forms feature is available currently by request only. So if this feature is something you would require, please submit a ticket to request early access to this new feature.
Here is a link to a new article on how to use this option once added to your account.
This option is also available on request for use by developers who wish to have more access to edit the code of a form.
Here is a link to an article that has all the information the developer should require if using this feature.