Once you have created your web form, depending on it’s purpose you may like to add this form to Facebook. This is generally done with subscribe forms for the purpose of collecting new subscribers or collecting RSVPs to an event.
To do this, your account will need to be authenticated with Facebook first. If you have not done this previously, you can do this while adding the form online.
Please follow the below instructions to authenticate with Facebook and add the form online:
- Go to 'Lists and Forms'.
- Select the list that you wish for these people to be added to and click 'Edit Forms' on the right.
- Select the Subscribe / Web form in this list you wish to use or Add a new one for this purpose.
- Customise as required.
- Click the 'Add Form to Facebook' link.
- You will then be required to login / authenticate with the required Facebook account.
If this is the first time you have authenticated with Facebook from this account, click the 'Authorise with Facebook' button:
Otherwise, click to 're-authenticate':
- You will then be prompted to login to Facebook or to confirm the required Facebook account.
- Once authenticated, you can select the page you wish this form to be added to which is connected to the account you logged in with then click 'Add to Facebook'.
In my example I am adding this form to my 'Testing' Facebook page attached to my account.
If you have previously added a form to this Facebook page, you will also see the notation above this letting you know of the other form as you can only have one subscribe form on your Facebook page. If you click the 'edit' pencil icon, you can then Preview or Remove the previous form from your Facebook page if required.
- Click 'Add to Facebook' button when done.
- You will then receive a confirmation of the form added to Facebook.