Google Analytics lets you track all kinds of user activity on your website. By appending Google Analytics tracking parameters to any website links within your email, you can enhance the data available to you in Google Analytics to see which particular emails are driving users to your website, which emails result in conversions and so on.
There are two ways to track links within your email using Google Analytics;
- You can setup our Google Analytics integration, which appends most of the tracking parameters to your links automatically, or
- You can add the relevant tracking parameters to the links yourself as you add links into your email while you're creating it.
This article explains the process for the first option.
Setup the Integration
- Select Integrations from the sidebar.
- Locate the Google Analytics integration and click .
- Enter the domain names you wish to have links tracked for.
These will need to be URLs that you own and already track traffic for within Google Analytics.
- When finished, click . Any clicks to your website that were derived from email campaigns will now be tracked in Google Analytics.
If you are using the Google Analytics integration (as per the instructions above) but still manually include tracking parameters within your URLs, then our system will not append tracking parameters to your email links, so as to not cause a conflict with two sets of tracking codes.
Where to Find Campaign Data in Google Analytics
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Select Acquisition, Campaigns, then All Campaigns. Your data will be available here.
Clicks can take up to 24 hours to appear in some Google Analytics reports.
For any additional assistance, please refer to your marketing agency or Google Analytics subject matter expect.